NIU Washington, D.C. Summer Congressional Internship Program
To support students participating in the Summer Congressional Internship Program. Interviews for finalists will be held on December 2, 2019. Candidates for this award must be available for an interview, if selected.
- Supplemental Questions
- Please indicate your hometown and state.
- Do you have a problem working for a member of Congress who does not share your political philosophy? (There is no correct answer to this question; the committee will try to provide you with the best possible placement if you are chosen for the internship.)
- Submit an essay (no longer than 500 words) on what you hope to achieve by completing a congressional internship in Washington, D.C.
- Submit an essay (no longer than 500 words): Choose a current public issue or policy that you feel strongly about (e.g. climate change, tax relief, gun control, border protection, etc.) Clearly and succinctly describe your reason for feeling passionately about this issue, anticipate opponents' arguments, and address those arguments persuasively.
- Please submit a letter of recommendation/support from a faculty member in your area of specialization.
- Please request a second letter of recommendation from someone who can speak to your academic achievements, talent, service, or involvement.
- Show 1 more