NIU Washington, D.C. Summer Congressional Internship Program
To support students participating in the Summer Congressional Internship Program.
- Supplemental Questions
- Please indicate your hometown and state.
- Do you have a problem working for a member of Congress who does not share your political philosophy? (There is no correct answer to this question; the committee will try to provide you with the best possible placement if you are chosen for the internship.)
- Submit an essay (no longer than 500 words) on what you hope to achieve by completing a congressional internship in Washington, D.C.
- Submit an essay (no longer than 500 words) answering the following question: Should a member of Congress represent the will of his/her constituents or act for the good of the nation?
- Please submit a letter of recommendation/support from a faculty member in your area of specialization.
- Please request a second letter of recommendation from someone who can speak to your academic achievements, talent, service, or involvement.
- Show 1 more