Huskie Marching Band Scholarship for Incoming Students
Tuition assistance for new and continuing Huskie Marching Band members who demonstrate exceptional talent. An audition may be required. Priority deadline for winds and brass is March 15, but applications will be accepted through May 1.
- Supplemental Questions
- Are you or do you plan to become a member of the Huskie Marching Band, Drumline, Color Guard, or Dance Team? (Note: an audition is required. See Marching Band website for details.)
- Please indicate what instrument you play, or if you will audition for drums, colorguard, or dance.
- Winds and Brass: Submit a YouTube video or web link of your audition. The audition must contain Hail to the Huskies and the Huskie Fight Song (available in our media library) as well as two contrasting etudes or solo excerpts that demonstrate both technical and expressive capability. Each etude or solo should last no more than two minutes. All-District, All-State, or NIU School of Music audition etudes are appropriate for this portion of the audition.
- Drumline, Color Guard and Silverettes Dance Team: I understand that I must audition in person on the NIU campus on March 20, 2021 or April 17, 2021 (Colorguard and Silverettes April 17 only, date subject to change). Auditions for these units take 8 hours, and run from 9 AM - 5PM. Contact email@example.com to reserve your space at the auditions.
- Where do you plan to live next year at NIU?
- Is your permanent address in Illinois, or in another state?
- Please request a letter of reference from your high school band director or colorguard/dance coach.
- Show 2 more