NIU Washington, D.C. Summer Congressional Internship Program
To support students participating in the Summer Congressional Internship Program (pending program availability relative to COVID-19 limitations). Candidates should have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0, and must be available for an interview, if selected.
- Supplemental Questions
- Please indicate your hometown and state.
- Are you comfortable working for a member of Congress who does not share your political philosophy? (There is no correct answer to this question; the committee will try to provide you with the best possible placement if you are chosen for the internship.)
- Submit an essay (no longer than 500 words) on what you hope to achieve by completing a congressional internship in Washington, D.C.
- Submit an essay (no longer than 500 words): Choose a current public issue or policy that you feel strongly about (e.g. climate change, tax relief, gun control, immigration, etc.) Clearly and succinctly describe your reason for feeling passionately about this issue, anticipate opponents' arguments, and address those arguments persuasively.
- Please enter the name and email address of a faculty member in your area of specialization who would be willing to submit a letter of recommendation/support.
- Please enter a second name and email address for someone who would be willing to submit a recommendation and can speak to your academic achievements, talent, service, or involvement.
- Show 1 more