David R. Layman Scholarship (Secondary Education)
This scholarship shall support students majoring in biology and expressing an intention to enter the teaching profession. Preference for graduates of Chicago public high schools, especially Carl Schurz High School and Richard T. Crane High School. Contact Biology Department for application details.
- Mr. David R. Layman
- Supplemental Questions
- Are you planning to apply to the Biology Teacher Licensure Program?
- Are you currently enrolled in the Secondary Science Teacher Licensure Program/Classes?
- Why do you deserve this scholarship?
- Describe a personal attribute or quality that you believe will make you an outstanding high school biology teacher.
- From a financial standpoint, what impact would this scholarship have on your education?
- Describe an experience or person that was important in influencing you to become a biology teacher.
- In your opinion, what makes a “successful” teacher?
- Please list any additional comments you believe would be helpful in the committee’s decision.
- Show 3 more