Barry and Debbie Franklin Student Engagement Fund
Applications are now being accepted for the Barry and Debbie Franklin Student Engagement Fund. The purpose of the fund is to support student engagement activities for undergraduates pursuing a degree in the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences. The award is for $1000 and will support one student in the spring 2024 semester.
Student engagement activities include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Participation in faculty-directed undergraduate research
• Community-based activities
• Student travel experiences including academic competitions, field schools, the organization of or travel to professional conferences
• Study abroad
• Involvement in service learning
• Student teaching and clinical experiences
Projects must be completed by the end of the spring semester.
Any faculty member or student in the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences may submit an application. Faculty who apply will need to clearly define the scope of student involvement. For each application, faculty mentors must send a letter of support to Associate Dean for Undergraduate Affairs Taylor Atkins at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications are being accepted via Qualtrics at the link below. The deadline for applications is December 4, 2023. Please contact Amanda Durik at email@example.com with any questions.
Applicants will be notified by January 2, 2024.