Research Rookies allows undergraduate first-semester freshman, sophomore and first-semester transfer students to learn what research looks like in their field of study by working alongside talented faculty for 5-10 hours per week throughout the fall and spring semesters on a small-scale research project. No matter what your college, department, or major, you can apply to be a Research Rookie!
- Supplemental Questions
- Briefly describe your research interests. Provide background on the topic you would like to explore for your research project, including any NIU Faculty you are interested in working alongside.
- How will participation in undergraduate research help you to achieve your academic and career goals at NIU?
- Discuss the skills that you have that will be useful in your research (i.e. computer competency, qualitative/quantitative research skills, knowledge about statistical programs, etc.).
- What is your alternative email address and personal phone number? (Please note that this email address will be the primary form of communication).
- Will you be a first-semester freshman, first-year transfer, or sophomore in the fall semester?