NIU Washington, D.C. Summer Congressional Internship Program
To support students participating in the Summer Congressional Internship Program. Interviews for finalists will be held the last week of November or first week of December.
- Supplemental Questions
- Please indicate your hometown and state.
- Do you have a problem working for a member of Congress who does not share your political philosophy? (There is no correct answer to this question; the committee will try to provide you with the best possible placement if you are chosen for the internship.)
- Submit an essay (no longer than 500 words) on what you hope to achieve by completing a congressional internship in Washington, D.C.
- Submit an essay (no longer than 500 words) answering the following question: Should a member of Congress represent the will of his/her constituents or act for the good of the nation?
- Please submit a letter of recommendation/support from a faculty member in your area of specialization.
- Please request a second letter of recommendation from someone who can speak to your academic achievements, talent, service, or involvement.
- Show 1 more